24k Purity

Ludus crafts 24 karat gold investment jewelry

The three most common karatages are 24k, 18k, and 14k. Each have distinct differences.

Ludus By ygy Jewelry Queens NYC


Ludus sells 24 karat jewelry, which means it is only pure gold. Twenty-four karat gold is the most valuable, the most radiant, and also the softest. Jewelry of this karatage will mold to the contours of your body over time for a truly unique piece.

Ludus By ygy Jewelry Queens NYC


Gold of this karatage is relatively bright while being less malleable than pure 24k gold. Eighteen karat gold is 75% gold, with the remaining 25% being made up of other inferior metals.

Ludus By ygy Jewelry Queens NYC


Fourteen karat gold is 58% gold, with the remaining 42% being other inferior metals. It’s dull in comparison to 18k or 24k gold.

Ludus jewelry consists of only one ingredient, gold. Never combined with an inferior metal, all Laurea jewelry is as nature created it, pure 24k gold. Gold that was part of the earth thousands of years before us and will remain just as brilliant thousands of years after us.

Another truly beautiful and unique quality of gold is that it is the most non-reactive of all metals and never rusts or tarnishes, ever. You can leave your Ludus piece in a safe for years knowing that next time you open the safe it will always be just as brilliant as when you put it in. However, you may prefer sharing its timeless beauty with those around you by wearing it and enjoying this truly noble metal.

Many people have a slight allergic reaction to gold that is alloyed with inferior metal as is the case with any karatage under 24k. Most often it is nickel and copper that causes a reaction. Yellow and rose gold is mostly alloyed with copper and white gold with nickel. 24k gold is unalloyed and being 100% gold it is the only karatage that can make the claim that it is truly 100% hypoallergenic.

Shopping cart close